31 December 2011

Auld Lang Syne

This was one of the gifts I gave my daughter for Christmas this year. I worked on it while she was at school or asleep at night. Then I crossed my fingers hoping she wouldn't sneak and peek through the colorful bag of yarn by my chair when I wasn't looking.

She became obsessed with Asian culture this year. She was particularly affected by the tragic earthquake and ensuing nuclear disasters in Japan. It reminded me of when I was her age and the Chernobyl accident happened. I started finding her watching the Japanese news. Then by summer she was into South Korean pop music. Her favorites being 2NE1 and Big Bang, if I'm not mistaken. I have to admit, I think the Piggy Dolls are a lot of fun.

This doll is made with 100% cotton yarn and crocheted amigurumi style. Her shoes, flower headband, kimono, and obi are removable. Eyes are small black plastic rounds with safety backs and mouth is a red felt heart. There's additional embroidery for eyelashes and the mouth.

My daughter is already requesting more clothes. I told her we can make them together :)

No comments: